The ultimate goal of Nnamdi Kanu and the organisation he founded, IPOB, is a free Biafra.
A modern republic, based on ideals of democracy, justice and the rule of law, comprising the states that were forced to become part of the southeast of Nigeria.
This was the dream of Nnami’s father’s generation, and this will become the reality of today.
The following principles will guide the way a Free Biafra will approach good governance in an independent Republic:
- We are committed to the right to human dignity
- We are committed to the implementation of the full range of human rights, civil and political, economic and social as contained in the various international human rights treaties
- We believe in the peaceful fulfilment of self-determination
- We believe in democratic values and that each and every vote counts
- We believe in full universal adult suffrage
- We believe in a robust and fully representative democratic institutions
- We believe that each person is unique, that every individual has intrinsic value and has a constructive role to play in their chosen community
- Our future is led by the needs and interests of the people of Biafraland
- We are always open, transparent and respectful in our dealings with one another and others